Monday, June 13, 2011
X-Men: First Class...thoughts from a woman's mind
The things one does for love... Even though I've never watched any of the previous X-Men movies, nor any of the (seemingly hundreds) of Wolverine spin-off movies, I still accompanied Nash to the fourth installment in the X-Men franchise this weekend.
I knew X-Men wasn't going to be fun for me because a) I don't know any of the characters or major plotlines that make a "prequel" worth watching and b) I am a female.
Here are my thoughts, in chronological order, on X-Men: First Class
1. This popcorn is stale
2. Why does the blue girl have such tiny little peepee eyes?
2.2 I wonder if Nash will really prefer the mac & cheese without the bacon?
3. I wish I had more Astro's
4. James McAvoy looks like he has something inside his mouth at all times
5. Why did they zoom in on that black man when that man/mutant who hates Germans said "Do you want to be slaves?!"
6.2 Do I have all the ingredients for my mac & cheese?
7. The make-up budget for this movie was obviously all spent on the blue girl
8. The German-hater has a very strong "revenge" theme going
9. Oh, so that's the dude in the wheelchair, then
10. I can't wait to get home and cook my mac & cheese