Anyway, since I'm currently entrenched in my 14 week Summer Transformation, I've decided to kick things up a level. Have you heard about Sleek Geek?
Founded by Digital Media exec Elan Lohmann, Sleek Geek started as a passion project and has flourished into a transformation revolution that Elan now runs full time! Read the full story of Sleek Geek here and the story of why Elan quit his successful corporate career to take it up full time here.
" We approach health and fitness from a genuinely unique angle - we don’t dictate how to eat or train, but we do assist and support you anyway we can. If you are looking for a way to achieve and stay committed to your health and fitness goals – what ever they may be – then the Sleekgeek revolution will do wonders for you! "
I've signed up for the Sleek Geek Summer Challenge. This is how it works:
Did you see that? R20 000 cash prize! If that's not motivation then I don't know what is. Imagine, finally feeling comfortable on the beach AND having R20 000 to spend in Thailand?
I was going to start this past Monday, but since it was a public holiday I was rolling around in carbs and champagne. So, this coming Monday, 1 October (could there be a more perfect date? The 1st of the month, falling on a Monday!) I will be weighing, measuring and submitting and on the way to "bikini comfortable".
Here's how I'm going to do it:
- Swimming training with a coach twice a week at Virgin Active
- Training with a Flexi-Sport trainer once a week
- One run a week (I hate running so this is going to be a real challenge for me)
- One green smoothie a day
- Follow (mostly) the Paleo way of eating
- Drink endless liters of water
- Try to drink less alcohol (so hard!)
- STAY AWAY FROM WHEAT (I'm allergic to wheat but I find it almost impossible to stay away
- Move as much as I can: take the stairs, go for walks on the weekend, go for a swim when I have