One month ago, I started a challenge to get myself "bikini comfortable" and ready for our trip to Thailand at the end of the year. These things are always better when done with a friend- and so the My Summer Transformation challenge was born with my friend Frangipanies. So far, it's been a month of learning, training, eating well, swimming, failing, eating badly and starting over.
You can find out what exactly the My Summer Transformation challenge is and what products I started off using here . I've never really been a very healthy person, so the first couple of weeks were really just about experimenting. Learning more about my body and what kind of exercise and diet works for me and more importantly- what I could actually stick to! (You can read about week 2 here and week 3 here)
I was doing pretty well, eating healthy enough (except for weekends, when I was eating very very badly!) and training three times a week- which was three times more than I normally train. But I needed an extra push. Something that would motivate me to get up on the mornings that I didn't feel like swimming. To say no thanks to dessert during the week. To eat clean(ish) on the weekends. That's why I signed up for Sleek Geek.
So, here's a summary of what I've learnt over the past month:
- Protein shakes are a definite no-no for me
- Swimming is fantastic for weightloss and toning, but you definitely need to throw a run into the mix a
couple of times a week to burn fat
- That said, swimming is probably the only exersice I've ever done that I absolutely LOVE! And guess
what, it's something that I'm actually good at!
- Breakfast is everything- eggs, avo, eggs, avo, eggs, avo! Protein and good fat to keep me full until
- Swimming is hell on my skin and I need all the exfoliating and moisturising I can get
- Eating clean is much easier than I thought. It's all about preparation...and a little bit of sacrifice (No
healthy options on the menu of your favourite local? Don't go there as often)
- Green veggies are the holy grail of health and one green juice a day can change your life
- Eating raw has SO many health benefits and even one raw meal a day will make a difference
Now for the exciting news!
When Dove heard about our Summer Transformation challenge, they were quite excited. You see, Dove is all about real women and Real Beauty. Women who have curves and freckles and legs that are shorter than their torso's (ie. Me). Like us, they believe that the key to being beautiful, is being comfortable.
Dove has joined our Summer Transformation challenge and is supporting us all the way to "bikini comfortable". Because it's not about a "goal weight", "dropping a dress size" or "having a Jessica Alba tummy" - it's about feeling happy and comfortable and healthy. Ready to put your bikini on this summer and feel good about it!
Dove sent over a whole bunch of products for me to try and I have been LOVING them! I've always been a huge fan of their products and have been using the Dove Original Deodorant Stick and Original Body Wash since as far back as I can remember!
But I've also had the opportunity to try out a few of their other products and I am honestly super happy with them. I'll post my full review on the products and what my favourites are soon! For now though, keep your eyes on the blog for an amazing, life changing competition coming soon!